Eastern Oklahoma State College is seeking a Instructor of Nursing
- Master’s Degree in Nursing; or baccalaureate degree in nursing plus evidence of continued progress toward a master’s or higher degree in nursing with completion of a minimum of six semester hours per calendar year.
- Licensed in the State of Oklahoma to practice as a Registered Nurse (or eligible for an Oklahoma license)
- A minimum of two years full-time equivalent practice as a Registered Nurse in a clinical setting preceding the first date of employment as a faculty.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to the mission of Eastern Oklahoma State College
- Other related faculty duties as assigned
- Successful prior college-level teaching experience preferred; experience developing and instructing courses by technology-based delivery systems.
- The successful candidate will teach and supervise students in clinical areas in the following courses: Introduction to Nursing, Nursing Procedures, Family Nursing, and Transition in Nursing. Responsibilities include teaching 15 credits each semester, developing curriculum, advising, departmental and institutional service, and pursuing continuing professional development.
- Position may require teaching by interactive video and online, and at satellite campuses.
- Candidates selected for interview will be required to make a teaching presentation as part of the interview process. Teaching must demonstrate learner-centered philosophy and ability to engage and retain students.
Salary: Salary will be based on education and experience
- Mutual of Omaha life insurance 2x annual salary rounded to the next thousand
- EGID/Health Choice Medical, Dental, and $20,000 Basic Life Policy
- Liability, Unemployment (gross maximum of $25,700) and Worker’s Compensation Insurance
- Teachers’ Retirement Contribution – 100%
- Social Security/FICA Contribution (6.2% – gross maximum of $160,200)
- Medicare Contribution (1.45%)
Length of Assignment: 10 months per year
Submit a letter of application, Eastern employment application, transcript(s) and resume to:
Human Resources Director
Gina Bullock, Nursing Division Chair/Director