* The sharp increase in new cases reported today (4,827) is largely attributable to an issue with the PHIDDO reporting system, which resulted in a number of cases being backlogged until today. After further review, the case level should have been reported as roughly 3,000 cases per day on 12/2, 12/3 and 12/4.
* Of the 4,827 cases reported today:
*98% had a specimen collection date of 11/19 or more recent
*86% were collected this week
*11% were collected last week
*2.6% were collected prior to 11/22
* This week, 76 Oklahoma counties are in the “orange” risk level for the COVID-19 Risk Level System. OSDH continues to monitor closely the statewide hospitalization trends for COVID-19.
* The COVID-19 Risk Level System will be updated every Friday in the Situation Update at 11:00 a.m. This week’s map can be seen in this update below the test results chart.
* As OSDH continues to meet with stakeholders across the state, the COVID-19 Risk Level System is subject to further revisions as science and public health guidance advances with the ongoing pandemic.
* As of this advisory, there are 208,875 cases of COVID-19 in Oklahoma.
* There are 24 additional deaths identified to report.
* There are 1,860 total deaths in the state.
* For more information, visit https://oklahoma.gov/covid19.html.
*The total includes laboratory information provided to OSDH at the time of the report. Total counts may not reflect unique individuals.
***The purpose of publishing aggregated statistical COVID-19 data through the OSDH Dashboard, the Executive Order Report, and the Weekly Epidemiology and Surveillance Report is to support the needs of the general public in receiving important and necessary information regarding the state of the health and safety of the citizens of Oklahoma. These resources may be used only for statistical purposes and may not be used in any way that would determine the identity of any reported cases.
Data Source: Acute Disease Service, Oklahoma State Department of Health. *As of 2020-12-04 at 7:00 a.m.