Each year, the Oklahoma March of Dimes gathers to raise money for the organization’s mission and to recognize outstanding nurses from health care facilities across the state in several categories. This year, the event took place Nov. 3 at the Embassy Suites Downtown Medical Center in Oklahoma City.
Heroes in Action Awards (formerly known as Nurse of the Year Awards) were given out to 16 deserving health care professionals statewide. The event was expanded this year to also include maternal and infant health providers who are not nurses, but still save lives every day.
Twenty-three INTEGRIS Health caregivers were award finalists, with five actually winning the prize! Here is a list of those winners and the categories in which they won.
- Tiffany Dyson, INTEGRIS Health Southwest Medical Center, Critical Care
- Shelley Reidy, INTEGRIS Health Edmond, Emergency
- Donald Kern-Teller, INTEGRIS Healt, Technology
- Linda Suderman, INTEGRIS Bass Baptist Health Center, Neonata
- Tina Fobes, INTEGRIS Health Canadian Valley Hospital, Management
The coveted award is designed to recognize nurses who demonstrate exceptional patient care, compassion, and service and play a critical role in improving the health of Oklahoma’s residents. Congratulations to all of you for receiving this top honor! You represent the very best the field of nursing has to offer, and it is an honor to work alongside each and every one of you.