Q. I am 36, divorced twice, a child from each marriage and I am dating again. I had a serious relationship after my second divorce that ended badly but that did not slow me down. I can’t be without “love” from a man. My friend said “I am addicted to love.” Is that possible? –Janice
OUR LIGHTS ARE ON, BUT YOU’RE NOT HOME
YOUR MIND IS NOT YOUR OWN
YOUR HEART SWEATS, YOUR BODY SHAKES
ANOTHER KISS IS WHAT IT TAKES.
“The men I choose, as it turns out, were not good for me. Their love was a mixed bag of intense highs followed by terrible lows. I usually ended up feeling worse but when I felt loved — it was exhilarating. The list of reasons why I should leave was always longer than why I should stay. I stayed because I loved him and he loved me. He didn’t mean to lie, have sex with other women and push me occasionally. He was tired and didn’t mean it.”
YOU CAN’T SLEEP, YOU CAN’T EAT
THERE’S NO DOUBT, YOU’RE IN DEEP
YOUR THROAT IS TIGHT, YOU CAN’T BREATHE
ANOTHER KISS IS ALL YOU NEED.
“My serious relationship after my second divorce had some big red flags and I prided myself on getting out before I invested too much of myself. My friends were relieved BUT it didn’t last — I went back; to those times of feeling loved and cared about, offset by his control and possessiveness. When I felt loved by him — it was perfect!! I was perfect!!”
YOU LIKE TO THINK THAT YOU’RE IMMUNE TO THE STUFF
IT’S CLOSER TO THE TRUTH TO SAY YOU CAN’T GET ENOUGH
YOU KNOW YOU’RE GONNA HAVE TO FACE IT
YOU’RE ADDICTED TO LOVE!!
So Tiffany, here are some treatment suggestions:
1. RUN, don’t walk to the nearest 12 step Codependents Anonymous (CODA) meeting.
2. Find a therapist and begin some intense individual therapy.
3. Take “your addiction” recovery ONE DAY AT A TIME!
“Addicted to Love” by Robert Palmer
Vicki L Mayfield, M.Ed., R.N., LMFT Marriage and Family Therapy Oklahoma City
If you would like to send a question to Vicki, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Oklahoma’s largest healthcare network.
$10,000 sign-on bonus for experienced RNs.*
Saint Francis Health System is Oklahoma’s largest healthcare provider, delivering a
comprehensive range of high-quality services from more than 90 locations throughout eastern
Oklahoma. As a nurse, you can find the career opportunity you’ve been looking for, including
the benefits and scheduling flexibility you want, and the patient-focused environment you need
to excel in your profession.
Why now is a great time to join our team:
• $10,000 sign-on bonus and relocation assistance for experienced RNs*
• Great benefits, including paid time off, tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, retirement plans, on-site childcare, adoption benefits and more
• We are a qualified not-for-profit organization, so you may be eligible for federal student loan forgiveness**
• With hospital campuses and Warren Clinic locations throughout eastern Oklahoma, we offer opportunities in virtually any nursing capacity
Saint Francis Health System includes:
• Saint Francis Hospital
• The Children’s Hospital at Saint Francis
• Warren Clinic
• The Heart Hospital at Saint Francis
• Saint Francis Hospital South
• Laureate Psychiatric Clinic and Hospital
• Saint Francis Hospital Muskogee
• Saint Francis Hospital Vinita
• Saint Francis Cancer Center
• Saint Francis Glenpool
Explore nursing opportunities with Saint Francis Health System today.
To view our current openings, please visit saintfrancis.com/nursing.
For more information, please call 918-502-8300 or toll-free 800-888-9553.
**View program details at studentaid.ed.gov.
EOE Protected Veterans/Disability