The National Black Nurses Association provides scholarships to students at all levels (LPN to doctorate). (story continues below)
The National Black Nurses Association, Inc. offers various scholarships each year including:
• Dr. Lauranne Sams Scholarship
• NBNA Board of Directors
• Lynne Edwards Research
• Margaret Pemberton Scholarship
• VITAS Healthcare/Esther
• George E. McGuire Memorial
• Dr. Martha A. Dawson Genesis
• Martha R. Dudley LPN Scholarship
• Dr. Lola Denise Jefferson Scholarship
• Arizona College Scholarship
• Gerontology Scholarship
• NURSETHINK.com Scholarship
• Mrs. Ola Lofton Scholarship
• FIGS Nursing Grant
• BAND AID® BRAND Black Healthcare
Heroes in Nursing Scholarship
• Ophelia Long Scholarship
• CAREISMATIC Scholarship
• Dr. Daisy Harmon-Allen Scholarship
• Dr. Patricia McManus Scholarship
• Dr. Millicent Gorham Scholarship
• Dr. Eric J. Williams Scholarship
• JAYHAL Foundation Scholarship
• NBNA Social Justice Scholarship
These scholarships will range from $1,000 – $90,000 and applicants must be an NBNA member to apply.
NBNA’s scholarships are presented each year to the Awardees at the Annual Institute & Conference.
1. Must be a member of NBNA and a member of a local chapter (if one exists in your area). If a chapter does not exist within a 50-radius of your location you can join NBNA as a Direct Member.
2. Candidate must be currently enrolled in a nursing program (BSN, AD, Diploma or LPN / LVN, Masters, and Doctoral) and in good scholastic standing at the time of application.
3. Applicant must have at least one full year of school remaining.
1. Official Transcript(s) from an accredited School of Nursing.
2. Two (2) page Written Essay
3. Two (2) letters of recommendation (one from applicant’s school of nursing and one from the local chapter, or a nurse in the area if a local chapter does not exist). Letters of recommendation and essay must be attached to the application.
4. A clean/clear professional headshot.
Additional items to accompany the application in support of the candidate’s eligibility and desirability may include documented evidence of: participation in student nurse activities, and involvement in the African American Community, i.e., letters, news clippings, awards, certificates
Before downloading the Scholarship Application please click here to download & install the FREE Adobe Reader if computer devise does not have a PDF reader.
1. Documents related to completing the scholarship application
2. 2021 Scholarship Application
3. 2021 Membership Application (before completing the application, please review the Chapter Directory located under the Membership tab to locate your State and a chapter in your area).
4. 2021 NBNA Membership Honor Pledge
5. Scholarship Essay Requirements
Send completed application and all supporting documentations by Wednesday, April 15, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailing address ONLY for OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT: NATIONAL BLACK NURSES ASSOCIATION, Attn: Scholarship Committee, 8630 Fenton Street, Suite 910, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
NOTE: SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY MAIL