MDS Coordinator, Oklahoma Methodist Manor
This position is primarily responsible for planning, organizing, developing, and managing the RAI process to ensure the timely and accurate completion of the MDS. The RAI process will be completed in accordance with all State and Federal guidelines, and ensure appropriate reimbursement for services provided.
Maintains attitudes and behaviors that demonstrate and uphold the Mission Statement of Oklahoma Methodist Manor (OMM), supports the OMM core values and shows an understanding of OMM’s person-centered philosophy.
· Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (RN or LPN) with a valid state nursing license as required by the state of Oklahoma.
· One year of long term care clinical nursing experience is preferred.
· Knowledge of RAI requirements is preferred.
· Experience with Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement, MDS completion, clinical resource utilization and/pr case management is highly desirable.
· Strong computer, interpersonal, leadership, organizational, and clinical skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively with residents, their families and all levels of the organization.
Responsible for coordinating the development and completion of the RAI (Resident Assessment Instrument) in accordance with current Federal and state rules, regulations, and guidelines.
· Directs the facility interdisciplinary RAI process.
· Ensures the validity of all Minimum Data Sets before electronic submission. Assures consistency of documentation between MDS and medical records.
· Ensures the timely electronic submission of all MDS assessments.
· Reviews pre-admission orders and daily chart review for the most cost effective treatment management.
· Disseminates any new or updated materials involving the RAI process.
· Audits charts for appropriate Medicare documentation within the guidelines established by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS).
· Schedules residents for appropriate OBRA, Medicare PPS and/or Medicaid required assessment.