Posting Number: 0001190
Title: Clinical Research Nurse
Working Title: Clinical Research Nurse
Position Type: OTHER
Department: Arthritis and Clinical Immunology (ACI)
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Coordinates and executes rheumatology research projects. Performs nursing duties in a rheumatology research clinic setting including research and data management, patient care, sample collection and processing, and medication administration. Tasks require a high level of organizational skills and the ability to ask the right questions to determine proper course of action while following established standards and research protocols.
1. Clinical Trials. Conducts research and assists researchers by recruiting patients, determining eligibility for clinical trials, and seeing patients through research studies including obtaining informed consent, administering questionnaires, taking medical histories, study drug administration, assessing and reporting adverse events, and performing all study related tasks as outlined in study protocols and in adherence with GCP, ICH, and HIPAA regulations.
2. Chart Review. Performs medical chart review to abstract data for research including but not limited to constructing medical history and medications chronology, evaluating disease progression, and mapping symptom and biomarker associations.
3. Communication. Liaises between principal investigator, patients, third party patient care service providers, research sponsors, and governing agencies to ensure strict adherence to protocol and regulations throughout study conduct. Excellent written and oral communications required.
4. Patient Care. Assesses and records symptoms, vital signs, and other patient information required for research protocols and to prepare patient for examination. Review records for documentation of study inclusion/exclusion criteria. Carries out physician orders for testing and treatment and coordinates follow-up care of patients.
5. Sample Collection. Collects samples from patients including blood, urine, saliva, etc. Prepares samples for analysis or shipment. Collects all laboratory reports, data, and records. Excellent phlebotomy skills required.
6. Medication Administration. Under direction of physician or other medical personnel, administers FDA approved and investigational medications to patients. IV certification preferred.
7. Data Management. Gathers, organizes, analyzes, and submits patient and research data to principal investigators, scientists, and sponsors. Computer skills required.
8. As Needed. Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Associate’s degree in Nursing from an accredited practical nursing program
Certification and registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Oklahoma
1 year of relevant experience. Valid Oklahoma Nursing License required.
Minimum Degree Required:
Typically Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5pm
Clinical research experience and research certification, CCRC or CCRP
Rheumatology or other autoimmune experience strongly preferred
Regularly required to stand, walk, talk, listen, use manual dexterity, and reach with arms and hands. Occasionally required to sit, stoop, or kneel and lift or move up to 10 pounds. Vision requirements include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Occasionally exposed to viruses from participants/patients. The noise level is usually moderate.
Application Type Accepted: General Application
Required Applicant Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Optional Applicant Documents: Cover Letter
Quicklink for Posting: